- HOUSING OPTIONS
- STUDENT LIFE
- INFORMATION DESK
- PARENT’S CORNER
Where is the Armory House located on campus?
– Armory House is located on the corner of Armory and 2nd St. and is just one block north of Ikenberry Commons. Armory House is 3 blocks from the ARC and the Stadium, 3 blocks from Green St., and 4 blocks from the Quad.
What types of rooms are offered?
– Armory House Main offers single, double, and deluxe double rooms. Armory House Suites offers singles, corner singles, and suites double rooms.
How many people live in Armory House?
– Armory House houses 112 students in two adjoining buildings, Armory House Main and Armory House Suites.
What are the rates for the different rooms?
– Rates vary depending on the room style and meal plan chosen. For a complete list of room rates, click on “Housing Options” then “Rates”.
Do I need to pay a deposit to hold the space?
– Armory House requires a $300 payment ($150 processing fee and $150 initial payment) in order to reserve a room.
What is needed to reserve a room?
– In order to reserve a room, complete the online application, make the payment, and sign the lease. Processing time may take anywhere from 7-10 business days during peak rental times.
Can Financial Aid be used to pay for housing at Armory House?
– Yes. Money awarded from Financial Aid will be dispersed to the student’s personal account and it is the student’s responsibility to pay on time. Students using financial aid are encouraged to sign up for the Financial Aid Addendum. The addendum allows students to defer their payments until a later date. The initial payment and processing fee must be paid at the time the contract is signed. For more information, contact the Armory House office.
When are payments due?
– Annual: due on June 1st and Lessee receives $100 discount
– Semester Payments: due on June 1st and November 1st
– Installment option: due on the first of each month, June 1st through January 1st. A $25 per payment fee (already included in the payment schedule on the contract) is charged in addition to the academic rate.
What types of leases are available?
– Rooms at Armory House are rented on an academic year basis. Semester leases are available only if two students register at the same time, one for each semester, or for those filling a vacancy for Spring semester. Summer housing options are also available. Contact the Armory House office for more information.
What furniture is included with the room?
– All AH Main rooms are furnished with high quality furniture from TechlineTM including desk with hutch and small three drawer chest in addition to a desk chair. AH Main rooms also have adjustable XL twin size beds.
– All AH Suites rooms are furnished with TechlineTM desks, desk chairs and a free standing closet organizer. AH Suites rooms also feature full size beds (full size bunk beds in Suites doubles) and a spacious alcove area with small sink, shelving and a drawer.
Can I request a roommate?
– Yes. As long as both roommates let us know, we guarantee all roommate requests as long as availability allows.
Am I required to have a meal plan?
– Yes. Armory House offers plans for 160, 225, or 300 meals per semester.
Am I only allowed to eat at Armory House?
– No. Residents of Armory House may eat at Armory House, Hendrick House, Newman Hall, or Presby Hall. (Armory House reserves the right to make changes to the alternate dining locations as necessary.)
Do I need to move out during Fall, Winter, or Spring breaks?
– No. With approval of Management, residents of AH Main and AH Suites are allowed to remain in their room during break periods. Meals will not be served during these periods and an additional break housing contract and fee may be required.
What does Armory House do to create a safe environment?
– Armory House provides secure accommodations for our residents through the use of locked security doors, security cameras, keyed access elevator from the parking garage, and security lighting. Both AH Main and AH Suites are fully sprinkled for the safety of our residents. AH Suites is locked 24-hours per day and AH Main is locked at 7:30 pm daily.
Does Armory House have a laundry room?
– Yes. Armory House Main has a laundry facility on the main floor for all residents to use. Armory House Suites have laundry rooms available on floors 1 and 2 for resident use. All machines are coin operated and change machines are located on-site.
Is a kitchen available for student use?
– AH Suites offers residents two student kitchens for personal cooking. It offers an oven/stove, refrigerator, and microwave and is located on the 3rd and 5th floors of the building. AH Main offers a student kitchen complete with oven/stove, refrigerator, and microwave and is located on the first floor of AH Main.
Please keep in mind that all personal cooking appliances and utensils must be kept in your room when not in use. All personal food items placed in the refrigerator or freezer must be clearly marked with your name and date and be properly stored. (For further information about usage of the student kitchens, please refer to the resident handbook.)
Is parking available?
– Yes. Armory House has parking available for students, including freshmen. To check current availability for parking, please email email@example.com. Both indoor and outdoor parking options are available.
Why Armory House?
– Residents view Armory House as more than a place to stay…it is a lifestyle! The close-knit community and lasting friendships at AH contribute to our welcoming and sociable reputation. Here at Armory House, we try to give residents a balance between academic success and social events. Beginning with move-in-day, our Resident Advisors (RA’s) and staff plan fun activities for students to enjoy and to get to know each other from the start.
Is housekeeping provided?
– Armory House residents receive weekly cleaning of the shared bathrooms. Individual rooms are the responsibility of the student. Cleaning supplies are made available for student use. All common areas of AH Main and AH Suites receive daily cleaning to ensure your comfort.
If I have already signed up for university housing, can I change to Armory House?
– Yes. But deadlines do apply. For additional information about the reciprocal agreement, contact the Armory House office at firstname.lastname@example.org.