- HOUSING OPTIONS
- STUDENT LIFE
- INFORMATION DESK
- PARENT’S CORNER
As you and your student prepare to enter the next big milestone called college, we hope that you will find the following information helpful. Here at Armory House, our goal is to make the transition from home to college as smooth as possible for both you and your student. While we understand that some parents are more experienced in the ways of college, we also know that for some this may be a first. Below is a list of frequently asked questions from parents just like you.
What is required to reserve a room in Armory House?
– In order to reserve a space within Armory House, a signed contract, application and payment are needed. AH Main and AH Suites require a $300 payment ($150 processing fee and $150 initial payment) in order to reserve a room.
When are payments due?
– After the initial payment, the remainder of the balance can be paid in one of three ways; Annual, semester, or installment. Regardless of which payment plan is chosen, all payments are due beginning June 1. If the annual payment plan is chosen, a discount of $100 will be given and is reflected on the contract. No additional discount is given for paying by semester, however, a charge $25 ($200 total) per payment is added monthly to the installment plan.
Does Armory House accept financial aid?
– Yes, financial aid can be used to pay housing fees at Armory House. Please keep in mind that financial aid is typically dispersed after the start of fall and spring semester, which is after the payment due date. If you are dependent upon financial aid to pay your housing fees, we highly recommend completing a Financial Aid addendum which can be found in the Forms and Documents section.
What is a Financial Aid addendum?
– The Financial Aid addendum allows students who are expecting to receive financial aid to defer their payments until a later date. Once the Financial Aid addendum has been completed, the student’s account is set up to be charged for the semester payment plan. Payments that are typically due in July and November would now be due in October and February.
Can my student bring a car to campus?
– Yes, Armory House has parking spaces available for rent throughout the year. Spaces range in price from $525 to $1,025 for the academic year depending on the parking lot chosen. Both indoor and outdoor options are available.
What is needed to reserve a parking space?
– A completed parking agreement and payment in full is required in order to reserve a space. Armory House does not have temporary visitor parking. At move in, your student will be assigned a space number and given a copy of the parking agreement. Under no circumstance should your student park in any space other than their assigned space.
What meal plans are available?
– At Armory House, 19 meals per week offered (breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday). Meal plans offered include 160, 225, or 300 meals per semester. In addition to dining at Armory House, students can also choose to eat at Hendrick House, Newman Hall, and Presby Hall.
What if my student cannot make it back to Armory House for a meal?
– Unlike many other facilities, Armory House offers the option of late plates, sack lunches and to-go containers. Students can choose what they like from a posted menu and take their food with them, or arrange for a late plate to be picked up outside of meal time.
My child is a vegetarian. What vegetarian options do you provide?
– Aside from the salad bar, your student will be able to find a variety of vegetarian options to guarantee that they stay well fed during their time at Armory House. Our chefs provide tasty vegetarian options and at our Creation Station, your student can design their meal to best suit them.