ARMORY HOUSE COVID-19 RESPONSE
Armory House has always been committed to providing a safe living environment for all of our residents, especially now with the public safety and health concerns dealing with COVID-19.
Last year, we implemented new procedures and policies in accordance with CDC and Public Health guidelines, and all of our students completed the year safe and healthy. This year, we will continue to follow the most up-to-date CDC and C-U Public Health guidelines, as well as University of Illinois COVID policies. The wellness of our Armory House Community depends on all of us working together!
Housekeeping and Sanitation:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the building
- Housekeeping will include frequent disinfecting of high-touch / high traffic areas of the building, including handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, etc.
- Students will be provided with a weekly supply of trash bags and will be asked to bring their personal trash directly outside to the trash enclosure in front of Armory House Suites.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected/sanitized weekly
Limiting Building Access:
- The Front Door of AH is locked 24/7
- All exterior doors are locked from 7 PM to 7 AM
- As of 1/14/2022, Residents are not allowed to have any guests.
- Masks are currently required in all common areas unless actively eating or drinking.
- Housekeeping will clean and disinfect common areas regularly.
- Physical distancing in common areas will be determined by CUPH (Champaign-Urbana Public Health).
- Hand Sanitizer is available just outside of the Serving Area, and must be used before entering.
- Masks are required in the Serving Area and the Dining Room at all times, unless actively eating or drinking in the Dining Room.
- Eating and Drinking is not allowed in the Serving Area under any circumstances.
- High touch areas will be wiped down regularly during meal times.
- Students must use new plates, bowls, cups, etc. each time they enter the Serving Area.
- Reusable to go containers are available to all residents at no additional cost for those who do not want to eat in the Dining Room. Containers are cleaned and sanitized thoroughly between uses.
For more information you may wish to check out the following: